Early Learning Center has provided a strong foundation for Glencoe's preschoolers for more than 35 years. Our goal for children is not just school-readiness, but life-readiness: the ability to problem-solve, work with others, feel good about oneself and one's abilities and meet new challenges with interest and curiosity. We promote active play, take time for the creative arts, taste foods from other cultures, try words in unfamiliar languages, and set the stage for life in the world community. We follow a play-based curriculum, developed by Illinois Early Learning Standards and licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).
Visit us and see:
- Children actively engaged in learning, whether exploring worms in the media table or cruising the room, magnet in hand, seeking the magic pull of metal
- An easel in a sunny corner, where every young artist can create with joy
- Teachers side-by-side with students, kneeling in the wooden block construction zone or lending a hand as children mix up a treat for Sharing Day
- Bikes and scooters whizzing around the trike track on our state-of-the-art playground, decked with butterfly bushes, basketball hoops, and climbers to suit every size
- Parents who stop in to tell a tale, lead a cooking project, or join Mom's Morning, Dad's Night, or Messy Morning
You'll hear laughter, music, and learning, and you'll understand why Glencoe families turn to Early Learning Center to provide their children's first school experience.
Limited spaces are still available for the 2016-17 school year. Schedule a tour today meet our teachers, see our classrooms, and register for fall preschool. To schedule a tour, contact Naomi Garvett at (847) 835-7534.